In its third year, the Great Lakes Aquascaping Championship is an aquatic gardeners association supported event and judging will be in accordance to AGA criteria. The event is held in conjunction with Wisconsin Public Television Garden Expo and is an educational event designed to promote and showcase the hobby of aquatic gardening. It will be held Feb. 8-10, 2019 at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison, WI.
There are two contest categories:
Standard tank category ($100):
- 20 available spots
- Registration includes:
- a generous 15-gallon aquarium and equipment package provided by Aqueon
- one event t-shirt (If you register before Jan 14 after that date you won’t get a t-shirt)
- A 3 day weekend pass to the Garden Expo
- Prizes for 1st-5th place
Large tank “Live-Design” category:
- 6 available spots
- There are two registration “tiers” for selected contestants to choose from
- $100 to compete only (do not keep any of the equipment or aquascaping package) or
- $250 all inclusive (includes entry, equipment, and aquascaping package)
- Large tank “Live-Design” registration includes:
- one event t-shirt
- 2 weekend Garden Expo passes
- a generous 50-gallon aquarium and equipment package provided by Aqueon
- a rock and driftwood package provided by Segrest Farms
- a complete plant package.
- Large tank “Live-Design” contestants may use no rock, driftwood, or plants other than what is provided to complete their aquascape.
- Prizes for 1st-3rd place
NOTE: Parking is NOT included in entry fees.
Wisconsin Public Television Garden Expo is a midwinter oasis for people ready to venture out and dig their hands in the dirt. Now in its 26th year, this three-day event celebrates the latest trends in gardening, landscaping and edibles, and attracts more than 20,000 people from across the Midwest. Join other gardening enthusiasts to share ideas, gain inspiration and create something new. All proceeds support Wisconsin Public Television.